Monday, September 10, 2012

Random | Anime vs. Cartoon vs. Computer Animation


I hit an odd labeling conundrum. Is it anime, cartoon or computer animation? What is a difference? See, I saw Afro Samurai, Blood+ and The origin of O-Ren as anime, Serge the Seal and Hipsters in Space as cartoons, but La Marche des Sans Nom as computer animation. It is a case of “when you see it, you know what it is, but cannot verbalize the difference.” I also stumbled upon FanNordicRavenna’s YouTube video that is comparing and fleshing out the difference between anime and cartoons. I have to agree with them, but is my third group justified? Computer animation nowadays, and a lot of the other stuff gets done digitally too, has a different look and feel to it, so I would say yes. What’s your take?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...