Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Design | This is the World of M. Šašek

Not exactly his world, because I am not attempting to surpass the biographies of M. Šašek that have been written already, but this is my token of appreciation shored up as a “Hey, remember seeing these? Lookie here.”

This will give you an idea of how long it takes for me clean up bits that I have ferreted away: well-into-the-spring cleaning surfaced a 2014-calendar of M. Šašek’s “This is San Francisco”. And I just had to share. And no, that is not my worst calendar hoarding offence. That is a 2004-calendar of Gaudí’s Casa Batlló purchased in 2003 at Casa Batlló, so I suppose Gaudí will surface as a subject of a blog on another occasion. Aren’t you glad I got that out of the way?

M. Šašek.

“M. Sasek was born in Prague in 1916 and died in Switzerzerland in 1980. He worked as a painter and illustrator for most of his life.” – This is M. Sasek


His illustrations check off what is vital for good design: evocative, simple, attractive, effective in communicating and stirring interest. Your tot will thank you for it, little do they know – yet. After seeing, what to my surprise is a plethora of prints covering more than requisite Paris, London, Rome, and New York you will typically see in stores, do not be surprised if your tot will want to travel and see it all themselves. As a matter of fact, you might be inspired to make a travel dream come true. And for that M. Šašek deserves to be featured.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...